Window City Warranty
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Read this entire Window City Warranty before purchasing or installing this product. By installing or using this product you are acknowledging that this warranty is part of the terms of sale.
All Window City products are manufactured to Window City standard manufacturing tolerances. However, minor imperfections in the glass and accessories may be present. Any claim submitted for imperfections will be evaluated to the applicable CSA, AAMA or NFRC published specifications and will be judged according to these published specifications. Window City will not be responsible for claims arising between the Dealer and their customers.
This warranty applies only to Window City vinyl windows, patio doors and entry door systems. Window City makes the following exclusive express warranties for Window City products installed within the United States and Canada, subject to the stated conditions and limitations.
NON-PRORATED LIFETIME WARRANTY
OWNER-OCCUPIED SINGLE-FAMILY HOMES
White vinyl window frames and sash members
non-prorated lifetime warranty
Cap-stock coloured vinyl window frames and sash members
20 years limited lifetime warranty
Interior wood grain lamination film
10 years limited lifetime warranty
Factory applied colour paint
15 years limited warranty
Hardware and mechanical components
20 years limited lifetime warranty
Non-decorative glass in window products
20 years limited lifetime warranty
Decorative glass in window products
10 years limited warranty
Blinds or shades sealed between insulating glass
5 years limited warranty
Please note: the above warranties commence from the date of original purchase from Window City and apply only to owner-occupied single-family homes. All multi-residential and/or commercial applications have a 5 year limited warranty on all items from the date of original purchase from Window City.
Window City warrants all vinyl window frames and components against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding, de-lamination or fading within generally accepted industry standards for the time period stated. The colour warranty pertains to manufacturing defects and has no bearing to UV exposure that occurs naturally on an exterior surface. The lamination warranty pertains to the exterior surface only and to manufacturing defects and has no bearing to UV exposure that occurs naturally on an exterior surface.
Window City warrants that all hardware and mechanical components of its windows shall be free from manufacturing defects for the time period listed above.
If Window City is given notice of a defect occurring within the time-frame listed above, Window City shall, at its sole discretion: 1)repair or replace the defective item (with cost of labour included only within one year of the date of purchase) or 2)refund the original purchase price
EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
Damages from the following are excluded from coverage under this warranty.
- Product failure, loss or damage due to:
- Products that have not been paid for in full.
- If a dealer knowingly installs and/or reports a product with visible defect(s) after goods have been picked up or delivered and signed off, with such defects, but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks and/or damaged components without notifying Window City prior to installation.
- Products subjected to conditions or use outside their design limitations
- All windows that are manufactured outside Window City’s published minimum and maximum sizes.
- Windows ordered other than to Window City’s specifications.
- Any window which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a factory-trained Service Technician or authorized Window City representative.
- Abuse of hardware such as over tightening of mechanism which may cause the roto gear to strip
- Normal wears from product usage or age, including normal wear and tear of weather-stripping
- Normal wear, fading or discolouration of finish from product usage, age or exposure to direct sunlight.
- Corner welds on coloured windows may fade over time. Colour touch-up is the responsibility of the home owner.
- Improper storage, handling, installation, finishing, use, modification, accident, misuse, abuse, alterations, improper handling, operation or cleaning
- Storage of windows outside
- Structural settlement, movement or vibration
- Improperly installed security systems
- Products with modifications that are not approved by Window City
- Finishing or modifying the structure containing repaired or replaced product.
- The purchase, damage, repair or replacement of non-Window City products
- Application of after-market window films to glass surfaces
- Accidents, including accidental glass breakage, not the fault of Window City, which results in seal failure
- Damage and/or discolouration, not the fault of Window City, to blinds or shades sealed between glass associated with wear and tear through product use, sun exposure, abuse or age
- Damage to glass as a result of installation at elevations above 4,000 feet.
- Damage caused by high in-home humidity (condensation, frost and mould).
- Damage caused by inappropriate finishes, solvents, brick-wash, or cleaning chemicals.
- Mechanical abrasion to finishes.
- Non-factory-applied finishes, applied sealants or caulking. Finishes applied by your local dealer/contractor are not covered by this warranty.
- All warranties are void if a storm door is installed over the door due to excessive heat
- Products or finishes exposed to excessive localized heat, high-moisture environments (including pools, hot tubs and greenhouses) or water leakage.
- Products (panel, moldings, light rims and frame) not properly finished within 30 days of installation.
- Acts of God or nature
- Acid rain or other corrosive elements.
- Salt spray, including exposure to coastal weather conditions.
- Minor imperfections in the product.
- Minor imperfections in glass that do not affect the product’s structural integrity or significantly obscure vision (including textures, swirls and air bubbles in decorative glass). The imperfection must be visible from a distance of no less than six (6’) feet from the surface, as per industry standards.
- Minor variations in glass colour.
- Minor imperfections in the panel and/or frame graining or colour.
- Installation inconsistent with Recognized industry standards.
- Damage resulting in whole or in part from installation inconsistent with Window City’s recognized industry Installation procedures.
- Altered or reinstalled products.
- Products used in non-vertical glazing applications.
Window City products labeled with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Energy Performance label are tested in accordance with NFRC standards. NFRC ratings are based on a combination of computer simulations and physical testing of product samples. For details on NFRC energy performance ratings, go to www.NFRC.org.
This Limited Warranty is not a statement of the useful life of any Window City products.
With the exception of a written statement signed by an authorized Window City representative, this Limited Warranty and all the terms contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between Window City/Seller and Buyer/User. This Limited Warranty, including all Limitations of Liability contained herein, is made a part of any such written agreement, unless expressly excluded therein. By purchasing or using the product covered by this Limited Warranty, Buyer and User agree that they are not relying on any oral statements made by anyone that are in any way contrary to this Limited Warranty.
No Amendment Except in Writing.
Window City and Seller offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Limited Warranty, which may be modified only by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of Window City.
CLAIMS UNDER THESE WARRANTIES
Prompt Notice of Claim.
Within the warranty period, Buyer or User shall notify Window City immediately, and in no case more than one (1) year after any defect or other basis of a claim covered by these Limited Warranties is discovered or should have been discovered. Any claims otherwise covered by the foregoing warranties, but for which Window City did not receive notice within one (1) year from the time the problem first became known, shall be barred.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE.
Homeowner must contact the dealer who installed the Window City product in their home. Window City dealers are required to inspect warranty claims before submitting claim information.
To make a claim under these Limited Warranties, please complete a Service Request Form and forward to our service department at:
Window City Industries
Customer Service Department
5690 Steeles Ave. West
or email at email@example.com
or by fax 905-265-9976
or by calling for service at 800-382-5020.
Window City may charge a fee for on-site product inspections.